Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Since the break in (which I have mentioned on other posts) my Mum needs a replacement camera.

The one that got stolen was a Sony DSC T3 which wasnt to bad.

Can anyone recomend another camera to replace it now.

Its for my Mum so she wants somthing the same kind of size so she can carry it around easily. I like Sonys and have noticst that the W200 is at a good price its 12MP which seems great, but when I think about it my Mum dosnt really need 12MP although she does have a habit of zooming right into a photo and wanting to make that another photo.

So what im looking for is somthing smallish which takes good photos, anti shake will be handy and somthing that copes well with indoor shots as the T3 wasnt great with that zoom is another feature that I miss as not many go above 3x.

I like Sony Cameras and am tempted by the W200 but I dont know a great deal in depth about them all so I am prepared to go for another brand.

Any recomendations?

Thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'll echo the recommendation for the Lumix series. However, check out DP Review for an extensive list of cameras as well as a side-by-side comparison of your choice cameras.
You'll find user reviews, comments, sample photos, etc.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.