camera recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jetjaguar, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I am looking to purchase a cheap camera to take product pics for eBay. I have all L lenses but I am looking for some body advice. I was thinking about picking up a used t2i or something like that. I have plenty of lighting for the pictures. I don't really want to spend a lot of money until maybe the 5d mark iv gets announced.

Is a used t2i the best option? How much do they usually go for used ?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Look at Canon refurbed and trade in an old body for an extra discount.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

4. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

Surely absolutely anything would do? Even a 300D.

5. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Even a used 500d (t1i) should do, cheaper than t2i

6. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

thinking of picking a 100mm L macro as well. So you guys think the t1i or t2i should be plenty fine ?

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Pictures for products on eBay are as about as easy as it gets. As long as you have some nice lighting and a decent background you'll be fine with any camera. A tripod would also be s good idea as well.

8. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

well mainly for eBay, etsy .. and also for our future ecommerce site. I just don't want to spend a lot on a body since I am waiting for the 5d mark iv or 5dc depending on specs and what canon will release.

9. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

Ok going to step out on this one. Why not just get a P&S for now, something that when you get the 5D4 will still have a role to play?

Something like a RX100 or other good P&S that can be your carry everywhere camera when you get the heavy artillery later?

10. paolo- macrumors 6502a

t2i is a great choice. The sensor in it was used by Canon up until recently (t5i...) and the used prices don't seem to be much more expensive than lowered end models. You can probably get it for 250$ body only. Once you get the 5D, the t2i would make a decent backup camera - it even shoots half-decent HD video.

Though it's not too clear what your business plan and needs are...

11. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i sell stuff online .. so i need a camera to go with lenses i currently own .. me stepping up to a mark iv or 5dc .. will serve two purposes .. product pictures and then 4k video for hobby

12. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

If you're going to buy a new full frame body eventually, maybe something with the same angle of view would be useful? Like a 5D mk 1. They're cheap, and you won't have to rearrange your studio to take the same shots, when you get a new camera.

Just a thought.

13. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

Good call....