Camera Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MBP123, Nov 24, 2007.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

So I am looking for a digital camera, and seem to have decided on this one, but wanted some feedback from here.

I am looking at the Canon Powershot G9. I don't need a removable lens, RAW format is nice but not necessary. I really like the image stabilization, high quality movie clip shooting, and burst mode (8 frames per second with manual focus). Also, it is fairly compact, and takes rather good quality photos.

Does anyone have any experience with this camera, or can recommend me a comparable one, and if so, why over this one?

Thanks

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I started this camera recommendation thread in September, but I guess you are looking at something a little less compact.

I do really like the Panasonic I bought, though they now have released the Lumix FX33.

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I've heard decent things about that camera, but don't have first hand knowledge in what you're looking for... I would imagine you've already checked out the reviews over at Amazon?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

When it comes right down to it many of the mid level point and shots are alike. The quote above describes a Nikon, Canon or Panasonic. They all offer those features. If you ask me which is "best", I like this one:
    http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/compact_cameras/d-lux_3/

But Panasonic makes one that is nearly identical for a bit less.
    One thing I like is the native 16:9 format sensor.

5. cube macrumors G5