Camera Recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ee99ee, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I am in the market for a VERY SMALL, inexpensive, good quality camera. I want something very very small that I can just throw in my pocket and take with me, but something that still takes good pictures. My 5 year old camera is pretty outdated and pretty huge in size. Also, my mom got me a Kodak C513 for Christmas but I'm really not happy with it so I think I'm going to take it back.

Anyone have any good suggestions? The most important feature for me is size -- SMALL! If it takes good low-light photos, that's a plus as I tend to take many of those for some reason beyond me.

-Chris

2. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I really stand by the Canon SD850 IS Digital Elph camera for digital p&s.

3. jolton macrumors member

If you're looking for a small point and shoot, I would recommend the following

Canon SD500 (7.1 megapixel)

Fuji F30 (6 megapixel)

Both cameras came out just before the pixel wars and take excellent pictures w/ little to no noise.

I do know that the Fuji takes better night time, low light pics. However the Canon takes better "every day" and outdoor pics.

This is based on my experience with both cameras above.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Don't underestimate this point jolton made. More pixels is generally a bad thing when it comes to point and shoots, unless you're going to restrict yourself to only shooting in very bright sunlight (and even then more isn't necessarilly better).

5. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I think I'm going to go with the SD1000. Looks to be a great camera and the type I'm looking for. Thanks for all your input!

-Chris