Camera recommendations? (Need help ASAP)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by EliteF50, Nov 5, 2010.

1. EliteF50 macrumors regular

So, I need to buy a new camera for video recording and have no idea which to choose. I don't care about the pictures, the video is all that matters to me. Right now I'm using a Flip HD for vids, but I want something better than that. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money though, $200-250 max. I was looking into getting the Olympus SP 600UZ or the Nikon Coolpix L110.

What would you guys recommend?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

If the video is important too you why not get a dedicated video camera? I'm a fan of Canon Vixia line-up...

3. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

I just bought a Vixia HFs20 but I haven't received it yet. I hope this will work for me. I just shoot family outings etc but I just heard it does poorly on indoor shots. What has been your experience?

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Eh, the only major problem I've had with it was when filming a high school christmas show. When there was a spotlight on someone with no other lighting it was very grainy. But for shooting the chorus etc that was in decent lighting, the result was passible. The only other complain was that it had a 15x zoom. (i'm now spoiled by new professional camera's 20x) I never used it in imovie, so I can't comment on that, but in final cut pro I had no issues transcoding the footage.

I think the model was vixia HF100