Camera remote complication?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hxlover904, Jan 21, 2017.

1. hxlover904 macrumors regular

Is it possible to add the camera remote as a complication? Just got a new Series2 and can't seem to find a way to do this.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Complications are prepackaged. You can't make one yourself. That said: good idea for the future.

3. hxlover904 thread starter macrumors regular

Many of the watch faces let you customize which complications are accessible. And which apps are available seems to vary some based on the watch face. I just don't see any that allow you to do the camera remote. Maybe next update. :)

4. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

Agree it's a good idea for a future complication. You can put it in the Dock, for now.

I hope they add more complications, but then I'll have to re-evaluate my current choices!

5. hxlover904 thread starter macrumors regular

The dock was my solution for now. Is this possible with any third party camera apps with AW apps?

6. JSPerry macrumors newbie

JSPerry

I haven't found a third party camera app with a companion complication for the Apple watch that controls the iPhone camera, but the GoPro app has a complication to control a GoPro.
    I understand these are two completely different things, but just thought I would mention.

7. hxlover904 thread starter macrumors regular

Not quite what I was looking for but good to know! Thanks. I've seen a couple of apps that allow the AW to control their app. But nothing on if they allow it to be added as a complication. And I'm not keen on spending money to find out right now.