Camera Roll 720p export?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajnicho, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Is there any way of transferring 720p vids from the camera roll to pc wirelessly without compressing them? Airsharing compresses them poorly. Not sure about FTP on the go.

Anyone know of a way of doing it? I dont mind paying a few quid

2. alee macrumors 6502

Pixelpipe (http://pixelpipe.com/) has an FTP transport and does not compress.

The concept is a single upload via the app (WiFi or 3G) to Pixelpipe, and their service acts as a proxy to upload to any number of "pipes" to external providers. They have pipes built for Vimeo, Youtube, etc. as well as send as email attachment, FTP, etc.

It can process as batches or as individual files.

3. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats great thanks but the problem is my upload speads on my home broadband is ridiculously slow, so uploading to a server will just a lot time. I'd like to just FTP to my PC without a third party involved if at all possible.

On the FTP on the go website it gives info on the export options for the 3GS = 640 x 480 max but dosnt say anything for iPhone.

I just bought Airsharing for the feature but the compression is riduculously poor

4. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im now wondering if this is some kind of limitation placed on developrs. Every app I seem to find compresses the video. I would just like to transfer the raw video to my pc wirelessly. Surely there is an app that can do that

5. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

The only value it would have is if you can do it from the phone, and not have to go to the PC.

And then, you still have to go to the PC to do anything with it. Unless it's going into some sort of media server folder. But for the most part, it's just as efficient to hook up the phone and move the files over.

6. alee macrumors 6502

I just uploaded a video via FTP on the Go. Right before the upload, it compresses the video.

7. ajnicho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe so but I like the idea of not having to always root out my ipod cable whenever i want to transfer vids to upload to Youtube or watch on my TV (connected to a media centre pc). I prefer to do it through my pc rather than using something like pixelpipe because it takes so much time.

Thanks dude, you've just saved me £4. I dont really understand why an FTP program would compress.