Camera roll and photo stream

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeilerBird, Nov 29, 2014.

1. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

I am struggling to figure out the difference between camera roll and photo stream. All I want is one copy of each photo I take left on my camera and then at the end of the day I want to download them to my PC. When I download them they stay on the camera even though I select Move. I found out I have to go in and delete them from the camera one at a time. Why can't I just move them out of the camera like I have done on every other camera I have used?

2. Paco II macrumors 65816

Photo stream is a feature that allows you to make photos you take on your iOS device available to all your other iOS devices. If you have no need for that, turn it off. In regards to deleting photos on the iPhone, you should be able to batch delete.

3. SeilerBird thread starter macrumors regular

SeilerBird

Thanks. I don't have any other iOS devices and I doubt I ever will so I will turn it off. I should be able to batch delete. I have searched for info on how to do that and the only thing I turned up was that I could not batch delete. If you know exactly how to do this then please post instruction.

4. dickydoo macrumors newbie

Like the previous poster, if you don't need Photo Stream, just turn it off. I find it incredibly useful though -- you can install iCloud on Windows and your photos are automatically synced with your phone.

For deleting photos from the phone after import, on Mac OS X there is an option to delete the photos that you can check off in iPhoto after import. There is probably an equivalent option on Windows if you are using a photo import tool. I use Windows Photo Gallery (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-live/photo-gallery). If you are using Windows Explorer then it probably won't work.

If you want to batch delete on the phone itself, when you are in the Photos app, there is a Select button in the top right corner. Press that, check off the photos you want to delete, then press the Trash Can button in the bottom right corner.

5. SeilerBird thread starter macrumors regular

SeilerBird

The problem is that I have to go through and manually select each one. I can take upwards of 300 photos in a day. That gets pretty boring. I want one button that says delete them all. I am using Windows Explorer and there is no deleting allowed.

6. dickydoo macrumors newbie

Then I suggest you install Windows Photo Gallery in the link I posted above. It's free.