Camera Roll backup & sync

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Angelo921, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Is there an app that will not only just backup my camera roll but also keep it synched? For example when I delete a pic from the camera roll I want that change to sync to the backed up app automatically. All of the apps Ive seen so far just backup the camera roll not keep it synched.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Honestly, backup and sync are really two different things. For a backup app you don't want it to sync deletes because it won't protect you against accidental deletes. An app that syncs (deletes and all) is good for keeping two (or more) devices up to date.

The iCloud Photo Library beta is probably a good choice for syncing... it will sync deletes and if you have multiple iOS devices it will keep them all up to date. You can select the option to keep an original copy of each photo on your device as well as in the cloud, so even with one device you'll still have two copies of each photo.

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is the iCloud Photo Library an app?

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It's an option built into Settings. It's currently in beta, but if you want to use it you can enable it at Settings > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library

I'd suggest reading some more information about it first though. I've found that iMore has a nice collection of articles that explain everything you could want to know about it.