Camera Roll Deletion?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lingham, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Lingham macrumors regular

Last night I thought I would be clever and cut all the pics from the Camera roll by mistake as I meant to press copy. I then couldn’t paste them back in so I had to make a album called random, paste them in it and do it that way but now as they are synced I have lost the ability to delete them. Is there any way to put them back in the camera roll.

I have only got about 20 photos so its nothing major its just a pain not being able to delete photos from the phone itself.

I have seen stuff on the net saying to put photos in a certain album in the DCIM folder. I have seen stuff saying to email them yourself and download them that way and it will save in camera roll and another suggestion was to use the photobucket app, host them all and then download them and then will go into the roll.

If I use any of the options above will they basically become “camera” photos again ie I can delete, rename bla bla as I would have been able to before?

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Yeah emailing or uploading then downloading are your only options.

3. vintageapple macrumors member

vintageapple

4. Lingham thread starter macrumors regular

Grr thats annoying.

I can see what im spending my night doing tonight!

Which is the quickest way of doing it. photobucket?, email?

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I just thought of this. Maybe you could try putting the photos in a shared folder on your computer and visit the address of the folder in Mobile Safari. Haven't shared a folder in ages so I can't remember the procedure.

EDIT: If you have a Mac and the Pastebot iPhone app I think you can paste the photos from your Mac to the app and then save them to the roll from there.

6. Lingham thread starter macrumors regular

Im a pc man :(