Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chawbaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Hello everyone, quick question. Has anyone ever experienced a delay when opening their camera roll on iPad (this is my moms ipad 3)?when I say a delay, I mean at least 10 seconds delay. I opened her photos app, pressed camera roll, and nothing happened. Finally her camera roll opened. Her photo stream and video folders open without hesitation, but not her camera roll. There are 749 photos + 144 videos. She has over 5 GB of storage left as well. I understand fluke things like this can happen, not registering a finger tap, dirty screen, etc. Yet I've never had this happen to me before on any IOS device. Searching Google has left me without any clues either. I tried power cycling, and hard reboot yet received the same results each time. Any ideas?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
That's a lot of photos and videos so I can see the slowdown especially on an iPad 3 who's performance was already gimped when it was sold. If the iPad 3 is on iOS 7.1.2 then that could also contribute to the slowdown as well as only having 5GB which most flash based devices will tend to slowdown as the storage fills up.

You could try connecting the iPad 3 to iTunes and move some of the apps/photos and videos you might not currently need and see if the load times decrease.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I think it's only because of the 144 videos. My moms iPhone 5 is pushing 950 photos and some videos and it is instant. Of course, it's a newer device, but there shouldn't be a 10 second difference between an A5 (A5X in this case) and A6. Even if the ipad 3 is underpowered. Also, my friends iPod 5 had like 3700 photos (quite a few videos too, can't remember how many) and it was instant. That, however, was on iOS 6, but still. Also, considering these devices use flash memory, it shouldn't take THAT long to open that up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.