camera roll out of order?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mdwsta4, Sep 12, 2010.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I opened my camera roll this evening only to be prompted with a message saying that my library is being updated. once it was complete, all my photos were out of order. photos from 3 years ago are showing in the middle rather than the beginning and the ones i took just last night were scattered in the middle.
    I didn't change any settings and they were in order when i pulled up the album only a few hours ago. i've already tried to quite the photo app as well as restart the phone. nada.

anyone have any suggestions? It's pretty annoying with everything being out of order. makes it hard to find a pic!

thanks!

2. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

i'm the only one? no one has ever encountered this?

3. south8212 macrumors 6502

4. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

happened again last night. received a 'rebuilding library' message and the camera roll went out of order. WTF?!

6. reverseration macrumors newbie

i have the same problem....i dont recall the "updating library" message though...do you sync your photos with your computer? i do not
    i feel like this happened right after i last updated the software on my phone

7. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

i upgraded to 4.1 today (via pwnage) and upon a fresh restore from a backup, the photos were back in order.... for now at least.
    I do sync my photos with my MBP in iphoto. when I access photos in iphoto from the phone, they're in the proper order as they should be. It was only on the phone itself that everything was all over the place.
    Guess we'll see how long the photos stay in order now.