Camera Roll 'photos out of order' bug fixed with 4.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vizkiz, Sep 10, 2010.

1. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Anyone else notice with iOS 4.0+, the photos seem to be put in random order?
    As opposed to earlier iOS versions where the Camera Roll was in chronological order from when taken/saved on the phone, and other added photo albums were in alphabetical order (from file name saved on your computer).

It appears that this is fixed in iOS 4.1. My Camera Roll looks like it's back in proper chronological order and my added Wallpaper album appears to be back in proper alphabetical order once again.

2. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Yep. I'd not heard much about that but it was messed up in 4.0 and fixed in 4.1 for me too.

3. vizkiz thread starter macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Good to hear it's fixed for you too.
    Does anyone still have the problem?

4. chrisu91 macrumors regular

Fixed for me too! Thanks so much for pointing it out! I probably wouldn't have noticed until it rebuilt my library again.

5. digidreamer macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G and waited until yesterday to update my phone from OS3 to OS 4.1. My photos are all out of order. I tried re-syncing to fix the issue but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

6. dstedman macrumors member

I still have the problem. Tried re-syncing, deleting and reloading, and even deleting all of the sub-folders that iTunes puts under the folder with the pics. Oh, well...

7. Gea macrumors newbie

iOS 4.1 update will not fix the photo arrangement sequence in your photos library.
    Just got off the phone with an apple rep.

iOS 3.0 photos are arrange by name or number(in alphabetical order)
    iOS 4.0 photos are arrange by Date Taken. Can not be change by user.

There is a fix but a pain in the ass.
    1.Open up the photos folder in your hard-drive.
    2.Right click/properties/click on details tab
    3.Change the Date Taken date (picture has to be a JPEG image)
    If not you need to convert it to JPEG in order to edit the date.

I have done this and all my pictures are back in sequence again.

8. digidreamer macrumors newbie

Wow, you would think that there would be an easier way being Apple and all.

Just for the record though, there is no way my previous photos are arranged by date taken. Sure any new ones I take are added to the end, but all of the ones I had on my phone prior to updating to 4.1 are in completely random order. I have a series of photos I took the day before I updated, one right after the other, and they're spread out in different places throughout the Camera Roll. Annoying.