Camera roll spontaneously rearranged?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blueline29, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere (I searched every possible combination of terms & didn't come up with anything), but tonight I encountered a weird issue. I'd looked at a couple of photos in my camera roll, then set the phone (iPhone 4) down and went back to working. The phone went to sleep, and when I woke it up again, I got the screen saying that the photo libraries were being rebuilt (or something along those lines...I saw it before when I added a bunch of photos at once), and when the new libraries were displayed, my camera roll was all jumbled up. It grabbed all of the most recent (well, from ca. 3 weeks ago onward) photos and shoved them back toward the top of the library with photos from a year ago. It doesn't seem to have randomly jumbled everything up; it's just this chunk that got moved way back in the timeline. New photos still show up at the bottom of the list, but when you have as many photos as I do on this thing, to not have them chronological anymore is a PITA, to say the least.

I'm restoring now, though I doubt it will do any good as I'd synced after noticing the problem. But if anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate 'em!

2. draz macrumors 6502a

3. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

I had the same exact problem yesterday!

Im friggin pissed! Apple better get their act together.

4. Blueline29 thread starter macrumors 68020

Blueline29

OK, at least it's not just me. Damn, this is maddening. I started to restore and then, on a whim, checked the "hacks" forum and saw rumors of an impending JB being released so I killed the restore. I tried unsyncing all photos and resyncing but I'm guessing that only applies to secondary user-created albums and not the camera roll; it had no effect, at any rate.

I can live with it for the time being, but it's kind of like a splinter and irritates me more and more the more I think about it! My camera roll is kinda like a portable scrapbook of all of my travels and it really sucks not being able to find pics when I want to.

5. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

same here!