Camera Roll won't display any new pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MemphisDave, Aug 18, 2009.

1. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

I have a 3G and OS 3.0.1 and never had this problem before. It looks like an older problem involving some critical file numbering issue in the phone. When i take photos, i can see the thumbnail of my last photo in camera view, but it won't show up in the camera roll. I can access the photos using my USB connected to my PC.
    Here is what i have tried already:
    1.) I restarted my iphone many times and it did not help anything.
    2.) Some people have fixed the problem by deleted their folders inside the DCIM folder, but my computer won't let me delete them. I will only let me delete the pictures inside the folders. I can't change permissions either.
    3.) I tried the reset/erase Iphone method several times and it works!
    BUT I have nothing on the phone. When i restore my phone from backup, it saved the camera roll photos and i'm back to the same problem. I have one backup saved in July 2008 - i tried restoring from the July 2008 backup and it my camera roll issue was fixed, but the restore only contains contact info from July 2008. I've added a few contacts from July 2008 - Aug 2009 <which i need.

My only option is to manually write down all my contacts and go back to the July 2008 restore and put the newer contacts into the phone. It will take hours !

Before spending all my time with his manual process, i wanted to know if there was a way easier way to fix this issue. > Maybe help with erasing all folders in my DCIM folder. That would allow me to completely restore my phone from yesterday without the camera roll issue.

Please Help!
    Thanks,
    MemphisDave

2. MemphisDave thread starter macrumors regular

MemphisDave

3. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Try resetting all settings first, sounds like you have a database corruption that's staying in your backup