Camera: Self-Timer + Burst

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badman89, Jul 22, 2012.

1. badman89, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

badman89 macrumors regular

Hi, all, I just got myself a tripod stand for my iPhone 4 (not 4S) and I'm looking for an app that can take full advantage of that. Could someone please recommend an iPhone app with the following features:

1. Self-Timer: Preferably, there should be a 0 - 60 seconds range on the timer. (0 - 30 seconds is also sufficient I guess).

2. Multi-Shot mode: I should be able to choose the number of shots and the time interval between each shot.

3. HDR: HDR mode should work in conjunction with the above two features.

I would obviously prefer free apps, but I don't mind paying $1 or $2 for something significantly better.

Cheers!

-----

EDIT: I found an app that satisfies criteria number 1 & 2 but fails to satisfy the third criteria. It's a free app called "Camera Timer."

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera-timer!/id435275949?mt=8

I'm not able to figure out if this is simply adding a timer to the existing camera app or if this is a separate camera app of its own. In the latter case, I'm not sure if I can trust its quality...

2. thinkadam macrumors regular

try fast camera

you can customize the settings.. It can take a picture every 1/10 of a second

3. bkb1777 macrumors newbie

bkb1777

Camera+ (Camera Plus) is amazing for all the listed above. I use it for my regular camera. It costs a couple bucks, I can't remember, but it is totally worth it!

4. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

I love Camera+ but the burst mode is lower quality than normal shooting. Just be aware of this when using it or you'll be surprised and disappointed.

5. cynics macrumors G3

Technically "Camera+" doesn't do anything he said...

1. Self timer only does 5 seconds...

2. There is no multi shot that just burst that you can't set time intervals or number of shots.

3. No HDR

Lol, besides that its exactly what he's looking for...... :)

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Huh? Umm...Camera+ does NOTHING that he's listed above.

7. badman89 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the responses so far everybody. But I just got my tripod in the mail today and I still don't have the right app for it. :(

As you guys have pointed out, Camera+ is clearly not what I'm looking for. So far, the apps that come closest to what I want are FastCamera and the free app I mentioned called CameraTimer (but neither app can support HDR).

Any advice would me much appreciated!

---

EDIT: I got really excited because I found a Cydia app that claimed to offer the features I was looking for. The app is called "PictureMe" and it does in fact add self-timer and multi-shot features on to the existing default camera app (which already has HDR), but here's the kicker: it can't support self-timer and multi-shot simultaneously. You can EITHER use self-timer OR multi-shot. How lame! And the developer priced this junk at $1.99. http://www.iphoneheat.com/2011/05/p...mera-jailbreak/comment-page-1/#comment-497577

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

No, the time goes up to 30 seconds if you click on it.

It's got the timer and burst mode which is similar to multishot.

9. badman89 thread starter macrumors regular

But it has been pointed out that the burst mode does not support full resolution pictures and I suspect that it also doesn't support HDR.

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Wow, a developer missed a feature you wanted, so it's junk when he tries to make a buck off his work?

Have you tried messaging him seeing if it could be added?

11. badman89 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, maybe junk was a harsh choice of words. Sorry about that. What I mean is that I don't think his application is worth $1.99.

This isn't simply because it's missing a particular feature that I wanted. It's because when you compare his app (PictureMe) to other camera apps that cost $1.99 (or even $0.99), you'll find that his app has only two features (which cannot work in conjunction with each other) while most other apps offer a wide range of features.

Also, in the very first post of this thread I mentioned an app called "Camera Timer" which is arguably superior to PictureMe and is completely free. For $1.99, I expect more.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting that I contact the developer. I hadn't thought of that - I'll certainly give it a shot.

12. atteligibility macrumors regular

There's a new app out there for full resolution burst mode, it's called Money$hot, it's free for the time being