Camera to iPhoto

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.
I have a camera that is currently being used by a XP computer. I'm soon getting my MacBook and I'd like to know if pictures that are on the camera, will the automatically upload onto my MacBook when I connect it?

Will I have to do it manually? Anybody know a program that'll do it for me? Thanks.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Trenton, FL
Plug it in, iPhoto will open and ask you if you want to import the photos. It will also delete the photos off the camera if you want it too.

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.
@ swiftaw- My camera model is not on the list. Does that mean iPhoto won't do anything?

@ GimmieSlack, does that only work is my camera is compatible?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
@ swiftaw- My camera model is not on the list. Does that mean iPhoto won't do anything?

@ GimmieSlack, does that only work is my camera is compatible?
There's a 95% chance it will work fine. Even when I plug in my printer with an SD card reader on it iPhoto opens and wants to import data. What camera do you have?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
What about a Kodak Z612? My camera is not listed either. Monty
I know Kodaks work fine too. You have to understand that there is no harm in trying. Just plug it into the Mac, if iPhoto doesn't open automatically then open it. Experiment guys, you're not going to hurt any data or hardware. I promise.