Camera+ where art thou ????

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Colonel Badger, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2008
    So I know Apple removed the Camera+ app due to it using the volume buttons to take pictures. But how come taptaptap haven't resubmitted without that functionality ? I'd really like to download the app and right now it's completely unavailable.

Come on guys !!!!

2. suksmo macrumors member

May 4, 2010
    I think they might be banned from the Store for that. It was a pretty serious breach of developer guidlines. That app hasn't been in the store since.
  3. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

Sep 2, 2010
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I've been in touch with tap tap tap. I don't believe they're faking this for publicity. An app that knocks Hipstamatic out of the top spot in the Photo category doesn't need this type of publicity.

I think the penalty for such infractions is a one year ban. That would suck if Camera+ were out of the App Store for an entire year.
  4. PodJack macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2010
    You could find it but it would be illegal and not a good idea, honestly you should just wait that it comes out. :(
  5. ksgant macrumors 6502a

Jan 12, 2006
    Okay, then what app is out there that's similar to Camera+ for general photography?
  6. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2009
    Hipstamatic has nothing whatsoever to do with general photography. :confused:

I'd say take a peek at Camera Prime. I have it. It's great. And the developer posts here frequently. There's a lot to be said for being able to speak directly to the developer. I requested a chance and was told it would be in the next big version. Gotta love that kind of service. And it's a great app on top of all that.
  7. billchase2 macrumors 68000

Feb 28, 2006
    Ann Arbor
    I purchased the app shortly before it was kicked out of the App Store and definitely miss the updates. It was my favorite camera app that I used daily... but no longer. I just wish the company would release some sort of statement about it. They've been oddly quiet.

Perhaps I'll purchase Camera Prime. It looks great!
  8. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

Sep 2, 2010
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    They can't talk about it. I check with them regularly.

Camera Prime is a good camera replacement app. It's what Camera Genius should be if they'd have stayed on top of development.

Right now, I think the best overall camera replacement app now is ProCamera. It's got a robust feature set that's camera focused, not all-in-one Swiss army knife. It's fast and the geotagging and white balance lock are superb.