Camera won't delete or save any photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ftown, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ftown macrumors newbie

I had the first model of the iPhone and once I hit 125 photos, for some reason any photo I would take would not save to my photos. I can try to delete photos and they will go away, but then when I reopen my photos, the photos reappear. I got a new iPhone 3GS recently after my original phone broke and resynced it on iTunes and the same exact thing is happening on this phone as well. When I go to my photos, all of the photos are black. Is there a corrupted photo that is causing this to happen? I'm willing to delete all of my photos if I can figure out how to do it properly on my phone if that's the case because I'm sick of not being able to take pictures.

2. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Could be a problem with your back up... Do a fresh restore (not form backup) and see if that helps...

3. Ftown thread starter macrumors newbie

When I did a restore and did not resync it with my old contacts, apps, etc. and kept it 100% "unused", the camera works fine. Is there any way that I can resync it with my contacts only and not the photos because I can't find any options to not put the pictures back on my phone

4. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Yep, only check the items you want to sync under each one of the tabs in iTunes.

5. Ftown thread starter macrumors newbie

The option for photos on iTunes is only for the photos from the hard drive on my computer, not on my actual phone and deleting those photos doesn't work if I do it on my phone. I can view photos that are synced directly from my computer, but not from my phone hard drive.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

Was your phone ever jailbroken? I had this problem one time when I accidentally messed up the permissions on the folder in which the pictures are kept. If you haven't ever been jailbroken, then I doubt this is the case.

7. Ftown thread starter macrumors newbie

It actually was jailbroken a VERY long time ago with my first phone. I can't be certain but I want to say I was able to take pictures after I "un-jailbroke" my phone. Is there any way to check the permissions?

8. Acronym macrumors 68000

i had this very problem i was using a jailbroken camera app, after a fresh restore it fixed the problem.

9. Ftown thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a restore by plugging in my phone to my laptop and then restoring it through iTunes. Is that what you mean by fresh restore? Because that didn't work.

10. Ftown thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Acronym macrumors 68000

i mean dont restore from a back up i also would have tried a settings reset that could of fixed the permisions without the need of a restore, it pretty much sets all the settings to factory except your data/songs/apps/Jailbreak etc.. are kept as is.