Camera won't focus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freemanator3030, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Freemanator3030 macrumors newbie

Freemanator3030

Hi,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help. For the last week I haven't been able to use my rear camera as it won't focus. It's up to date, I've closed the app and re opened it and I've turned the iPhone off and back on to try and resolve it but no joy. Can anyone suggest what to do?
    Many thanks

2. jetsam macrumors 6502

Is it an iPhone 6 Plus? If so, it's a known issue, and there's an extended warranty on the camera.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Tell it to consume less caffeine, get more sleep, and try focusing on 1 thing at a time instead of multitasking.

JK. I believe there is a warranty associated with a known camera defect. Actually telling us what your phone is would help though.

4. Freemanator3030 thread starter macrumors newbie

Freemanator3030

Sorry I should have said, yes it's an iPhone 6+. I've got it on contract and is 18 months old roughly. Do iPhones come with a 2 year warantee? Also do I just take it to an apple store to be fixed under warantee or do you have to call up and send it off?

5. jetsam macrumors 6502

If your iPhone 6 Plus was manufactured between September 2014 and January 2015, there's a three year extended warranty on the iPhone 6 Plus camera. Just bring it in to an Apple Store (appointment highly recommended) and they should replace the camera module in-store, in about an hour.

The full details from Apple, including an eligibility check:
    https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What he said: