Camera won't mount in Leopard

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by 2Cheap2Switch, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 2Cheap2Switch macrumors member

My Sony HDR-UX1 will not mount in Leopard. Apple's support page states the camera is now supported in Leopard, however it will not mount. Anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this?

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Supported does not necessarily mean it will mount. Try Image Capture which can be found in your Applications folder.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My camera does not mount either, but a program like image capture will get the pictures off of it fine, I suggest trying that.

4. avanrotciv macrumors newbie

Has anybody found a fix for this? I have a Cannon SD1000 that doesn't mount either, I don't mind using iphoto for the pics and videos but this camera allows you to record just audio, these audio files are not detected on iphoto so right now I can't download them :(

If any body know how if there a way to mount these cameras please post a reply, maybe it could be manually mounter from terminal or something (not idea how to do that though.)

5. avanrotciv macrumors newbie

well, it turns out that the audio files from the camera can be downloaded using the Image Capture app, but still can't write directly to the SD the card and I need to be able to do that to load a new CHDK firmware to my camera.