Camera+ Worth Jailbreaking for?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lingham, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Lingham macrumors regular

2. jluce50 macrumors regular

IMO, no. It's not worth jailbreaking for on its own. However, if you're already jailbroken it's definitely worth doing the effort to install it.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

"beauty is on the eye of the beholder"...if you think so then it does....

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Is camera+ the app that was removed from the app store because it allowed you to use the volume buttons as shutter buttons? If so, I would say no but there are a ton of other reasons to jb. Plus there are apps like Snappy that do exactly the same thing as camera+ and are much easier to use anyway.

5. Lingham thread starter macrumors regular

Is snappy for non jb phones?

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

no it is for jb iphones.

7. Lingham thread starter macrumors regular

\Anything as good for none Jb?

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i dont believe so. but the one problem i have with snappy is that album preview doesnt work.. hopefully the dev will add that soon.

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I'm not being sarcastic with this question....Just trying to understand

How can other people tell you if the Camera+ app, or any other app, is worth it for you to jailbreak your phone?

While everyone can read what the app can do, only you know if those features are valuable.

10. Lingham thread starter macrumors regular

As I didnt intend to jb my phone but all the good reports with camera+ lead me to look at doing it but not sure if overall the whole process is worth it

11. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Now that I use the Vol buttons to snap photos I wouldnt want to do it any other way.

Hope it still works with 4.1 and hdr.

12. akhentek macrumors member

akhentek

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

That's up to you to decide what's worth jbing if anything. Some are thrilled with apples ios and closed system. Me I doubt I have a IPhone if it wasn't for the jailbreaking. So camera + is only a Plus to it.

14. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

If you are running 4.01, there's almost nothing to the jb process. If you can use a browser, you can jb.

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

+1. This is far and away the easiest jb ever. If you're too scared to do a jb that is this simple, you should probably not jb at all.

16. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

It does way more than that, but yes that is why it was removed from the app store. For me Camera+ has replaced the native camera app. All the features it provides are just awesome. The volume hack was icing on the cake. It sucks people can't pay for it anymore.

17. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

He should just be wary that he'll be unable to save his SHSH at this point, so if something crashes he can't restore back to 4.0.1, right?

18. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yes, but that's not a big deal at this point since the 4.1 jailbreak is probably imminent anyway. I've had my SHSHs on file for as long as I can remember and I've never needed them. Don't get me wrong, they're great to have but I certainly wouldn't let that keep me from jailbreaking.

19. 2pak macrumors member

Where can I get camera+ from? It doesn't appear to be anywhere on Cydia. Is there a source I need to add?

20. tesilential macrumors regular

It's not on cydia.......you can find it in You-Know-Which App.

EDIT: OP, you'd be a fool not to jailbreak. After jailbreaking, a stock iPhone looks and works like crap.