cameras not loading in leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Dec 26, 2007.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I just upgraded an ibook to leopard and now when I try to use iphoto, the camera never shows up either on the desktop or in iphoto. I have tried both cameras I have: a nikon and a sony. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go next? Where exactly are the drivers for cameras located? Thanks for your help!

2. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

So what do you all think? I did delete unnecessary print drivers after installing leopard. (Folders in printer of companies I didn't have printers to.) Do you think that could have screwed it up?

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Sorry I can't help but I don't think you deleting printer drivers would be the cause.

4. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Try deleting preferences for iPhoto. That should take you to main screen after hooking up cameras ("Do you want to...")

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If they don't show up in Finder, I don't think fiddling with iPhoto would help at all. If you connect a USB drive, does it show up in Finder? If it does, at least you can use a card reader to access your photos.

6. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Oooh good call! So it doesn't even show up in disk utility and neither does a flash drive. Is there a good way to fix this or do I have to format?