Cameras?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jht, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Jht macrumors member

Lo all, I bought a fuji s5600 about a month ago, only really bought it so I could take pics of me and my mates when were out mountain biking, and I've got to say I was quite impressed with the results I got:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1253216/

Anyways I had some problems with it so I got a refund. I was intending to replce it with a s9600, was going to get it today, when I got paid, but I got paid a lot more than I presumed I would :) , so now I can afford what I really want, an slr of some description. Anyways I'm looking at either an olympus e500 for about £280, marked as 'opened box' but with a possiblity of scratches on the body, or a canon eos 350d for £320 with a 2gb cf card (refurb) or a brand new nikon d40 for £320ish. I'm swinging towards the d40 as a mate has one and I know it takes really good pics, but its pushing my budget a little, I'd also prefer new as I then have a comeback if anything goes wrong with it, any thoughts? Thanks :)

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

With an SLR, ALL the cameras are going to take "good" pics...It is the LENS that matters. BUt remember when you buy an SLR, you are buy a system, not a camera. Don't choose based on Bodies, but choose based on what lenses are available.

3. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224