camino 1.0.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brentg33, Apr 23, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hey, just started using this version of camino and i just had an odd experience on myspace.com. During my browsing on that site, camino became very unresponsive and had some issues showing pics....then at one point when i went up to the menu to quit camino, all the text in all the pull down menus for camino were random symbols, not the usual text like "about camino", "preferences" and etc. does this mean i might have gotten somethign bad from myspace? or is this a camino bug? what should i do?

2. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

It's pretty common for browsers (other than Internet Explorer) to act a lil funny with that myspace stuff. LOL - To be honest, I haven't had many issues (in fact, I can't think of any) with Camino or Safari, but it's been known to happen in the past. I'd say just shrug it off as a :confused: and move on. I'm sure your rig is still working just fine.

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks.....so not to worry about a virus or anything like that? what browser do you find is the best?

4. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

You may have opened up a can of worms there lol. I say that because some people have other favorites and others will swear one's faster than the other. Personally, I love Safari, but at times I find there are certain websites that I won't be able to go to. So when that happens I use Camino. I eventually took camino off cause it was a pain to ensure that both browsers had identical bookmarks. (yes, i'm picky like that lol) I'm considering redownloading it tho.

One things that favors Safari above others is the .mac synchonization. I have .mac, and to be able to sync my bookmarks from Safari is great. While i'm at work, i'll have all my bookmarks from home in real time. I also like the hotlinks for sites on my bookmark bar (<bookmark> + # on your bookmark bar) Best advice I can give you is to find which one you like the best, cause in the end you'll find that opinions are like @-holes....we all got one :D

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I've actually experienced that on all sites after leaving either my Firefox or Camino browser open for a long period, the images won't load at all on websites. I thus have to quit the application and reopen it, then it works fine. Small issue, but still annoying. :mad:

6. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

I hope you don't have a problem with me asking a question about Camino and sorta hijacking your thread but is there anyway with Camino I can open the browser zoomed?