Camino 2.0 Beta 2 vs Safari 4 Beta

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wowzera, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Ok guys,
    I like Safari's U.I. very much, but, everytime I load around 5 pages at the same time it starts to freeze and give me the rainbow circle on the mouse pointer. If I open the same sites with Camino everything works great and even faster than Safari.

I do not want to quite switch to Camino, because its UI is ugly, but its really superior to Safari on speed terms and has the same compatibility as Firefox, because its Gecko engine (?).
    I will miss Top Sites and Safari's UI so much :(

How your Safari works? Is it fast and freeze free?

Thanks for reading!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Using Safari 4 Beta, I just went to a bookmark folder that contained 78 bookmarks. I clicked "Open In Tabs".... it took almost a full minute before all the pages were open (some were very graphic-intensive, and some sites are slower than others), but they opened just fine. If I do that with a more reasonable number, like 10 or 15, they open pretty much instantly.

Edit: Tried it again with 24 high-quality photography sites. All opened in 15 seconds.

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, thats really weird. I could do a video of the sites I open, they are not even graphic-intensive, most of them are forums, news sites (like NYT) :(

Btw, I am running on a Early 2008 Macbook, 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram.
    What is your system?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=661634

5. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a