Camino + Multi-touch - Live Bookmarks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andrewdale, Apr 21, 2008.

1. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I just recently started on a search for a browser that fits me best. I went through last night trying out Safari, Firefox, Camino & Seamonkey.

I know the differences between them all and, of course, Seamonkey was the first one that was eliminated. Just not progressed enough aesthetically for my pleasure. Safari, for some reason, I've never been able to get used to. But it's still in the runnings.

I've always been a big fan of Firefox since I used it on my PC and now on my MBP. But, the lack of ability to use multi-touch just really erked me. So, I tried Camino. And, sure enough, 3-finger swiping works wonderfully. Fully-functional multi-touch in Camino.

True, it may not be as pretty as Firefox. I can't use all the extensions that I used in Firefox, but I can get over that. My only gripe is that Camino doesn't support Live Bookmarks. I loved having my Engadget feed right there on my bookmarks toolbar. Does anyone know how to get a Live Bookmark in Camino?

I'm not sure if I'll go full Camino or not, but it sure seems worth it.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Multiclutch allows multitouch in FF

I'm a big Safari fan, and if you're gonna give it another go, I recommend three plugins: Inquisitor (incredible search, it actually switched me from FF), Stand (for extra options, and some cool goodies) and Tabexposé (kinda in the names, but its not free, although the trial limits aren't too bad)

If you're lucky, Clevin will stumble upon this thread and give you some good FF tips and tricks, he seems to be the resident expert.