Original poster
May 17, 2006
i just downloaded camino...mozzilas mac web browser
seems to be a bit quicker than firefox
what do you guys prefere?

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
seriously, there are dozens of threads on this subject already.

between firefox and camino, camino has always been faster for me. safari has always been the fastest browser on my MBP, though.

keithbennis

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2006
Coral Springs
Has anyone had a problem with Camino and the flash player? Myspace's mp3 players on people's pages won't show, but do play...... I was wondering if there was any cure for this? (besides not going on myspace lol)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
keithbennis said:
Has anyone had a problem with Camino and the flash player? Myspace's mp3 players on people's pages won't show, but do play...... I was wondering if there was any cure for this? (besides not going on myspace lol)
Camino is incredibly slow with Flash content. They probably know about it but it never hurts to check.

keithbennis

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2006
Coral Springs
bousozoku said:
Camino is incredibly slow with Flash content. They probably know about it but it never hurts to check.

check where? i've installed flash 9 and I don't even think that's compatible with Camino. I've googled and searched these forms for the solution and no luck. Got any ideas?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Camino is the s***. Firefox is s***. :p

The only reason I use Firefox right now is because I can't drag and reorder tabs in the Tab bar like I can with Firefox. I find that very useful.

pjo

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2006
Abstract said:
The only reason I use Firefox right now is because I can't drag and reorder tabs in the Tab bar like I can with Firefox.
You have totally confused me with that line right there.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
keithbennis said:
Ok I fixed my problem about the flash just now......... is there anyway to increase the speed of Camino like you could with firefox?
CamiTools probably can, just like it can do practically anything else.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i loves me some Camino.
its just great.
sure it doesn't have EVERYTHING, but i don't need everything either.
simple and fast. much better than bloated and slow.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Abstract said:
Camino is the s***. Firefox is s***. :p

The only reason I use Firefox right now is because I can't drag and reorder tabs in the Tab bar like I can with Firefox. I find that very useful.
Really? Have you used Firefox 2.0 Beta 2? It's excellent.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
I use Camino, fast, nice interface and works with the sites I frequent. I don't care for Safari or FireFox, neither look nice and Safari quit working for me at home using 10.2.8. You might want to try Shiira, real fast or SeaMonkey (Mozilla replacement) a full suite browser. Opera is also a good choice, works well for me.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
tobefirst said:
Firefox. I haven't tried Camino in a year. Does it have RSS support yet? If not, I'm staying put.
sort of (at least in the newer nightlys) , you have to use an external feed reader though.