camino/safari/firefox wont load certain websites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gman EB, Jul 22, 2009.

1. gman EB macrumors newbie

I recently installed a new hard drive on my macbook pro, installed everything, downloaded my programs again. Camino, Safari, and firefox were all working before I did the big software update for the OS. Restarted the system and now all three web browsers wont load google, yahoo, and flickr to name a few. I remember having this issue before with google but I don't remember how I fixed it. Also my adium aim account isnt connecting anymore after the OS update. Any help please?

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

3. celticpride678

What OS update was it? 10.5.7? If yes, just downgrade back to 10.5.6

4. gman EB thread starter macrumors newbie

No idea if its an DNS issue. I'm using Airport express and the connection is fine, except with those sites.

How would I revert back to the 10.5.6 upgrade?

5. celticpride678

6. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

"big software update" -- Tiger to Leopard?

And you're getting some sites, just not the ones you listed? (Apparently you can get on MacRumors OK.)

Are you having any other software glitches? For example, find an old version of any software and see if the "Check for Updates" works properly.

Try adding a new browser, like Flock or Opera, to see if you get different results.

(I'm betting it's a connection issue, not an OS issue)

mt

7. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Oh, for the sake of God, ignore this person's advice! Having a bit of trouble? Don't try to solve it, but run for the hills!! (aka downgrade to 10.5.6.)

Try re-setting Safari; or clearing all the caches of the browsers. Also see if using OpenDNS solves the issue. It's been known to help many people experiencing problems.

Also, forgot to add, try a disk repair and permission repair using Disk Utility. It's a good thing to do after an OS update