Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenEndeem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
England
Which do you prefer?

I tend to use Camino more as eBay loses functionality in Safari and Firefox just doesn't 'feel' Mac-native, as stupid as that may sound.

RainForRent

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2006
Greenville, SC
I would use camino more if extensions in Firefox weren't so ingrained into my workflow. Also, Flock is awesome, if you haven't tried. They were advertising all over MR for a little while there.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Camino has much smaller base
Most of the debates here center on Safari v. Firefox

Opera, Flock, Camino, et. al. have their fans, but those are the 2 heavyweights

You will find this has been discussed a LOT on the board
If you search (upper right corner) you will find a lot of traffic on it

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

karabin

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
Firefox is most compatible with all developers tricks.
I was using Firefox for last two years (Safari before).
But few days ago I have downloaded new version of Opera and for me it is the best.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I used Camino pretty exclusively for a few years. Then I got the iPhone and thought I should try to take advantage of all that cool synching and whatnot.

But now I've started using Camino more again... boy have I missed it. :D It's so much faster than Safari and much more compatible w/ a lot of sites.

BileGhost

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
Firefox is most compatible with all developers tricks.
I was using Firefox for last two years (Safari before).
But few days ago I have downloaded new version of Opera and for me it is the best.

Opera has always been my favourite browser, until 9.5 came out. The final had all the bugs that I reported from the beta, and it stops responding when I try to close it. 9.51 does exactly the same. So for now, I'm sticking with 9.27

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.