Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i used to exclusively use Camino. Its technically better for OS X since it is a native app as compared to Firefox which is a port of a windows application. i don't know what updates its had in the past year or two to know if it has kept up with chrome, firefox, and safari.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
This is like asking which is the better flavor ice cream. My primary browser is Safari, However, I have used Camino for years. It does what is browser is supposed to do--it browses the Web. However, the things that separate one browser from another in the minds of many users are other features. Download Camino and use it. Is there an opinion that you trust more than your own?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I stick to Safari. Used Camino but the lack of full screen mode, gesture based control, and a clean UI (without additional add ons) made me uninstall it. Same goes for Firefox but I use it mainly for gmail video chat as Safari lags with it.

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
Camino was my browser of choice about 5-6 years ago when browser innovation was really stagnant, choices were few and far between on the mac, and my poor sawtooth couldn't take the firefox bloat.

I have a special place for it in my heart, but I know the developers are a small group and can't keep up with the likes of Google, Mozilla, Apple, etc.

However it did come in handy a few months ago when it was the only mac browser that could properly display some obscure wysiwyg blog tools that the school system I worked for was using.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
They just released a new version last month. I downloaded and used it for a while, just another browser, but to me Firefox is a little better. And I find it weird that I can import bookmarks from Safari, but not from Firefox.

I want to support any native OSX application, so I'll run with it for a while and see if it can win me over.

gary c

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
I am no computer guru but I have been using Camino for 5 or so years. It has worked well for me. Our internet connections is slower so I also run Firefox at the same time. Seem to do fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.