Camp Out: Radio Shack, At&t or Walmart?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chhhrrriiisss, Jun 20, 2010.

1. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I'm on my local Radio Shacks reserved list #7 of 7 at the time. I called back and they have no idea how many phones they will get in. I didn't ask about colors because I thought white wasn't going to be offered.

Does anyone have any idea around how many radio shack stores are going to be getting? I asked at my local walmart and they said they were getting 3 iphones in. I really want a phone on Thursday because I just smashed my current 3g in the garage by mistake.

So, go to radio shack around 5am, at&t around 5am or should I camp out at walmart around midnight?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Why do people ask these questions?

No one on here knows how many any store is going to get.

3. Sinfire macrumors regular

I would say go to AT&T and while you are in line there, call up Radio Shack to see if they have a phone for you

4. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

+1

They will have a lot more iPhones than the other places.

5. chhhrrriiisss thread starter macrumors 6502a

I asked how if anyone knew AROUND how many the store was getting not an exact number. What is the harm in asking a question on a message board?

6. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

AT&T only if you have reserved. At Walmart, if you are 1st in line then probably you have a better chance. At Apple store, there's a line for reserved and non-reserved so who knows?

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You could die.

8. VTAb182 macrumors regular

AT&T around midnight. Personally, I won't trust someone at either Radioshack or Walfart with setting up my account. And AT&T would probably have way more phones anyways

9. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't camp out at Wal-Mart at midnight; you'd be waiting 8 hours for them to start selling them.

10. BConvery macrumors regular

I called my local Radio Shack Friday, I have one on reserve at the Apple store, but I thought if I could score one not standing in line for hours that'd be cool. The manager said there was a "huge" line when they opened on the 15th. They have 7 people with RS's version of the pre-order. I asked if they had a waiting list, he said they did. I asked if I could join this "huge" list, he said he'd add me....I was #7 (lol). He took my name and number and would call me on the 23rd to let me know if they had a phone for me. I don't know many they'll get...but 15 seems to be a pretty low number, I think they may get quite a few more, but I have no real reason to think that. Just my experiences so take them for what they're worth....

GL :)

11. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

12. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No one knows around how many. Anyone can give you a guess, but there is a very slim chance it will be right. If Apple did not even anticipate selling over 600,000, how do you think that someone can estimate how much each store will get? Especially when the actual stores probably do not know how many they are going to get!

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Nothing. But what is the harm in checking the board out for a few minutes to see if it's been asked or answered already?

Blonde Buddhist