Camping out alone -- going to the bathroom?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VTAb182, Jun 20, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I plan on camping out to (hopefully) get an iphone from my local AT&T store on the 24th. I'm planned to camp out alone but I thought of something that might be a problem. Are you allowed to get out of line to go to the bathroom? I won't have anyone that I'm there with to stay in line. Will they let me get my spot back?

2. supremeMilo macrumors member

Just make friends with the other people in line, and tell them when you leave and come back, as long as you aren't gone for too long most sane people won't care.

3. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

4. christyn macrumors 6502a

5. dmize31287 macrumors regular

If it were me, I'd lie to you and say I don't remember you since I have Alzheimer's... :)

6. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

In the past I've just asked people in line to hold my place, most will do it because at some point they will also need the bathroom ;)

7. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

This. Presumably they will need to go too, so just help each other out.

8. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

When I was in line for 10 hours to get my 3G on release day I got to know about 10 people in line next to me. We all held places for each other to use the bathroom and to go to the food court and pick up some lunch. It'll be OK.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

what time are AT&T stores opening on the 24th??

10. gillybean macrumors 6502a

11. dmize31287 macrumors regular

12. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Fixed it for you. :) Sorry, I have OCD when it comes to math.

13. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Is that all? its a £60 ($89) fine here!!

Last time I camped out (Nintendo Wii) the people we were next seemed cool enough, anyway after talking to them for a while and becoming "Line Buddies" one went to a local store bought a few things and we just sat and drank beer, ate McDonalds n chatted all night was an awesome experience actually and a good laugh!!

14. _Matt macrumors 6502

What's the matter? Don't want the full experience?

Crap in line...you'll make friends I promise.

15. rmwhite macrumors member

All the ATT/Apple lines are really civilized, especially at night. Everyone is usually sitting around fooling with their tech or chatting with their friends. Getting out of line to get food isn't ever really a problem, as long as you make a point to get back in line in a reasonable amount of time. If you're going to be gone for more than ~30 minutes, offer to bring back a box-o-joe and you'll make a dozen or so new friends.

Now, as it gets within two hours of launch time, everything changes. The last-minute, rowdy teenager types show up and start getting all noisy, but you should be pretty isolated from these jackasses.

You might even consider bringing numbered index cards to hand out, if you're in the front of the line. This will eliminate last-minute save-my-spot cutting and doubling/tripling up of friends, though the addition of a spouse or child should be deemed perfectly acceptable. The ATT/Apple people are usually impressed with the pre-opening organization of numbered lines, and will generally enforce the index-card ticket system if those in the front of the line agree it was done fairly.

Everyone is there for the same thing. They want an iPhone and they don't want to be screwed out of one, but no one wants to be miserable.

16. Illusion86 macrumors regular

Illusion86

Don't be in line with me lol

17. VTAb182 thread starter macrumors regular

18. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Bring 6 2Litre empty bottles and a banket to cover you while you are going.

Nature call you have to answer if you have to go #2 get a porta potty but when you are done, just throw it out in a local garbage can

19. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

thats so last generation. use your iBucket 3gs