Camping out (during the day) inside a Mall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barbourdg, Jun 28, 2007.

1. barbourdg macrumors member

Has anybody camped out all day (8am to 6pm?) for an apple event inside a mall?

Do you think the high end malls will allow portable chairs, coolers, etc... I have seen a few OSX releases and most people seem to be standing or sitting on the tile the entire time.

Thanks
    :D :D

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Malls tend to disagree with this idea ... chances are security will remove you or have you removed. You might want to ask the mall management first.

3. earthsick macrumors regular

i am wondering the same thing actually...i plan on bringing a small chair since i will be there from 7:30am

4. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I plan on camping in the mall for the majority of the day tomorrow, so I hope they allow it. If not, there will be madness... no joke.

5. barbourdg thread starter macrumors member

I talked to the mall officials (not security) and they did not think there would be a problem. But you are right, I need to call the security people.

I just can't imagine they want people sitting on a cold tile floor for 10 hours. Mall officials thought security should be pretty fair, since the mall is reaping the benefit of 1,000 potential new shoppers standing in their facility.

I am planning on bringing a collapsable chair, so I can put it up if not able to use.