Camping out. Foldable Chair or no folding chair?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doctapeppa, Jun 23, 2010.

1. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Last time I camped out was at an ATT store with a parking lot and we were able to go back and forth to our cars with someone saving our spot. This year, however, The Apple store parking lot is far away in a public lot. It's in Miami Beach and parking is terrible there. I don't think it will be possible or convenient to take the chair back to the car. What do you guys do with your folding chairs? Do you guys fold them up and take them inside the store with you? Are they left outside?

I'm thinking of just going chairless but then I'll be on pavement for 4 hours :(

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

3. stphnman20 macrumors regular

4. nospinguy macrumors newbie

+1

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

+2
    Seriously man, whether or not your bring a ****ing folding chair is up to you. Goodluck

6. Sean006 macrumors 6502

I'm bringing one and then next person inline can enjoy as I get my new phone inside.

7. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that this forum was only for bitching about tracking numbers and complaining about signal strengths and defective phones. Carry on then.

8. robotrondeluxe macrumors newbie

I would recommend that you bring cinder blocks to sit on.

9. Sean006 macrumors 6502

Wrong topic or ???????

10. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I love it when people say "who cares?" in someone's thread.

you obviously do care or you wouldn't have replied in the first place. either that or you're bored beyond belief.

11. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Dude, This is an iPhone forum, iPhone4 is coming out tomorrow and some people have received early. Problems matter for people picking up their preorders, some are opting out.
    Your folding chair on the other hand is a decision based entirely on if you want to sit in a folding chair or not.Its not like you need confirmation or anything. Its just bring a chair or not.

12. Kenal0 macrumors regular

Bring the chair. I am willing to bet it is right where you left it when you get out with your new phone.
    Kenal0

13. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

just leave your chair outside while you get your phone. theres a chance it might get stolen but who cares u can get those things for cheap anyway.

14. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. And I assume that people here might have previous experience with waiting in line for an iPhone release and may have sat on chairs. I guess I was wrong. Sorry for taking your time away from investigating possible iphone faults. I apologize. Ignore this thread please, since I do not see a way of deleting it.

15. sgosine macrumors member

If you are camping out, a chair is a great idea to get you off the ground and keep ur place in line. For the last iPhone and iPad launches in the morning I just pack everything up & put it in my truck a bit before the doors open. If you have been in line a while, your neighbors will hold ur place in line for ya

16. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

and

and

and

Thank you!

17. iTouch macrumors 6502

Folding chair is a good idea. But an air mattress is better. I saw some people camp out and they had tents, air mattress, back up generator, PS3 etc.

18. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Ill just bring my ipad and watch movies sit whatever on the floor

19. stphnman20 macrumors regular

20. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Dude we have no idea what will happen if you bring a chair. Its place specific.
    Im sure there will be people with chairs at every store, but I wouldnt bring a nice one because thieves do exist... idk what else you could have possibly been thinking...

21. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you mean what am I thinking. Can you read English?

Is this so hard to understand? "What do you guys do with your folding chairs? Do you guys fold them up and take them inside the store with you? Are they left outside?"

If you don't care then click back and read something else. Sheesh.

22. withe011 macrumors regular

I just want to say that the title of your post is HILARIOUS. You've gotta love how we've started crowdsourcing some of our smallest decisions. :)

23. doctapeppa thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, yeah. I have to agree :eek:

I'm bored at work and can't wait to get out of here and go wait for my new phone. It was silly posting this, for sure.