Camping out for iPhone 3G...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IndianaiPhone, Jun 16, 2008.

1. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular

How many of you are going to camp outside of your nearest Apple or AT&T to wait for the brand new, beautiful, gorgeous, shiny, can't wait to be smudged, iPhone 3G?

2. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

This launch is gonna be nowhere near the monolith of anticipation and lust the original iphone had, i'd be surprised to see many people camping out

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I'll start calling AT&T a few days before launch and see how many they'll have. I might try and avoid Apple stores and go to a smaller AT&T shop near my job. Perhaps they'll have a smaller line? Not sure yet what I'll do.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The 1st and last time I camped out was back in November 21st, 2005 for the XBOX 360 @ Best Buy. Needless to say, I will NOT be doing that for the iPhone. I will take the day off and more than likely go to the Apple Store in the Orland Park Mall about 5ish.

5. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Waiting would be crazy.....Im off in the morning and plan to walk right in to buy 3

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm waiting to find out if they plan on selling at 6pm or 10am, then I'll set-up camp! :p

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Same. I did it for the PS3 and it was miserable when 8AM came.... I will just grab one from the local At&t store.

8. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

They will be all over the place without a doubt

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

SF Market St. Apple store told me 6PM over the weekend. There was no stock problem last time (when nobody had an iphone), so there isn't likely to be any problem this time either. Stand in line if that is your thing, but if you show up few hours after 6 you'll still get an iphone.

10. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Camping is pointless in this day and age. Especially since it will just be a bunch of nerds talking about the iphone none stop. Which works for the baords because I can turn them off, but you can't turn off that sweaty nerd camping out next to you.

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

12. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I showed up at my local AT&T corp store at 4:30PM last year, and I was 5th in line. Ill do the same this year.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Wii launch survivor here. At least I was rewarded a bit since those things still have shortages a year and a half later. But of course it HAD to be frickin' freezing that night.

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That's how it was for me the night of the 360 launch. Luckily we had a bit of covering ova us that night. I got there about 10:30 that nite and didn't leave until 8AM the next morning.

15. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm hoping there is plenty of inventory and camping out won't be necessary. I think the one month prior announcement is due to having plenty of supply in the distribution circles.

If there are long lines, I'll just get mine the following day. No real benefit spending hours in line so I have a new phone for Friday night.