Camping Out For New Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleRobert, Sep 22, 2015.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Maybe you cannot preorder or perhaps you just like to because that is what you have done in the past.

The nearest Apple stores are all in malls in my locale. I was told last year folks had to wait outside at night and then it was a mad rush once the doors opened to the mall to get on a line forming at the Apple Store. Not cool IMHO.

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

The only time I camp out is for Black Friday deals. It'll be interesting to see what the lines will be like this year.

Attached Files:

3. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Yes this is the truth. I did this last year, and gave up. There are waaaaay too many scalpers / flippers these days.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

What black Friday deal would you camp for? Isn't it usually that crappy 50" TV for $300?

5. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

It varies from year to year. Sometimes a video game bundle and sometimes the $300 big screen.

6. cardfan macrumors 65816

I'll just do what I do every year and show up an hour early to verizon. There's hardly ever a line. This year, I wouldn't expect one at all with the S series.

7. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

It isn't even camping out per se anymore for BF as stores open the evening before.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Those days are long gone. The loss leaders that are presented by stores are getting less and less generous.

As for camping out for the phone - I'd rather not do that myself. My perspective is that its only a phone and the iPhone 6s isn't going to alter my life in any major way especially since I own the iPhone 6. Heck even if I owned an iPhone 4, I'd say the same thing. Its just a phone and the differences from year to year are small enough that camping out is a silly proposition imo.