camping out for the iphone 6s/6s plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachbrady79, Sep 16, 2015.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

I got my first iphone in march (iphone 6), with the ability to order your phone on-line and with th eiphone coming out 2 weeks after anouncement, will there people still be camping out for it. I would like to know if anyone wants to share their experience with camping out, and why people do it .

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes, people will still be camping out for it to get. Last year I didn't camp out but I went to the mall, stood in line at around 1 pm and walked out with a 6 Plus in my hand at about 5 pm (they did the reservation pass system). People do it because it's fun, you get to hear what other people have to say, etc.

3. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

oh ok is it worth trying ? lol

4. mjsmith331 macrumors newbie

mjsmith331

What time do people usually start camping out?

5. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

It's fun if you want to pay the price. If you are serious about getting a phone, you better get there EARLY and be prepared for a long wait. Don't think that if you show up at 5 or 6 am that it is going to work. Pick a high volume Apple store and good luck.

6. mjsmith331 macrumors newbie

mjsmith331

Thank you. There's only 1 Apple Store in Memphis but a few in Nashville, I'm in between the two. I was planning on getting to the Memphis store around 9PM the night before. I've never camped out before, not even for concert tickets, so this is all new to me and I'm not sure if 9PM will be too early... I'd much rather be too early than too late.
    Do people usually go that early?

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'm trying the AT&T store. Not the Apple store. The lines tend to be shorter, and service faster.

8. mjsmith331 macrumors newbie

mjsmith331

I called the AT&T store here and they're only going to have the 6S and I want the 6S Plus or I would do the same. I have an appointment in Memphis at 4:00 so I may drive by the Apple Store and see if anyone is in line afterwards, if they are, I'll have my friend drive my car back and have my daughter drive to Memphis when she gets off work at 7PM. She's not getting a phone but was going to wait in line with me to keep me company.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'll be popping into my AT&T shops to confirm inventory on Thursday night. You have a point for sure.

The model a person wants may dictate where they can go.

10. mjsmith331 macrumors newbie

mjsmith331

I read that Target and Best Buy will have them also, but the model I want 64GB rose gold isn't available for preorder. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask if they are expecting some for walk ins, I wouldn't think so since their preorders are sold out for those, that's the Best Buy website.