Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What time will you be in line

• before mid-night

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 12-2

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 2-4

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 4-6

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 6-open

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • sometime during the day

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

khaosxbez

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
who will be camping out? if so what time will you be in line?

apple store, verizon, at&t, sprint, t-mobile, big box store

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
No camping for me for Apple. Never have. Will be at my office early Friday. Can't imagine having the time of the will to camp out, but more power to you!

Send us some pictures!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'll be camping out in my car for a couple hours before and after the event. I have to drive 120 miles, immediately pick up my 128GB 6S around 6pm, and then turn around and drive 120 miles back home. Freaking iPhone Upgrade Program!

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
You are obsessed with this aren't you ? Posting about waiting in line the last few days. :(

It's a huge commitment of time and energy to camp out for that many hours, so trying to build up his excitement and energy before doing it is understandable. I'll put up with a few threads while he does it. It helps stoke my anticipation too, even though I'll just be lazing at home waiting for my UPS guy to descend from the heavens (at least in my eyes when he's bringing a major gadget like this).

Good luck and I hope you have enjoyable line-mates, khaos!

Reactions: redboxcar

khaosxbez

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
It's a huge commitment of time and energy to camp out for that many hours, so trying to build up his excitement and energy before doing it is understandable. I'll put up with a few threads while he does it. It helps stoke my anticipation too, even though I'll just be lazing at home waiting for my UPS guy to descend from the heavens (at least in my eyes when he's bringing a major gadget like this).

Good luck and I hope you have enjoyable line-mates, khaos!

Thank you!! yes i just really want to see what everyone else is doing. i will be there about 12. i dont want to miss the phone i want and wait in till October HAHA...

Reactions: ShiggyMiyamoto

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I don't understand people who like to camp outside waiting for the new iPhone. Just preorder one online and stay at home doing actual things and not just waiting. Can you really not wait? Are you really that excited that you can't wait a day or even less for it to ship to your home?

Reactions: DavidLynch

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
I don't understand people who like to camp outside waiting for the new iPhone. Just preorder one online and stay at home doing actual things and not just waiting. Can you really not wait? Are you really that excited that you can't wait a day or even less for it to ship to your home?

At this point this early in its release cycle it'll take more than a day... it'll take up to 3 weeks or more for it to be mailed. For some that's not acceptable, and they want it on release. Back in 2001 I was in line to get the Nintendo Wii, and I got it on release day. November 18th, 2001 I believe it was. It was quite the experience. :) Straight after work tomorrow (when done with my overnight shift) I'm going to go to my local Apple store and see if I can get a 6S Space Gray (or Silver) 64GB on Sprint. If I can't, then I'll just order it online and simply wait it out for however long it'll take from that point for it to be mailed.

So TL;DR, I can understand both sides of the coin.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
At this point this early in its release cycle it'll take more than a day... it'll take up to 3 weeks or more for it to be mailed. For some that's not acceptable, and they want it on release. Back in 2001 I was in line to get the Nintendo Wii, and I got on on release day. It was quite the experience. :) Straight after work tomorrow I'm going to go to my local Apple store and see if I can get a 6S SG 64GB. If I can't, then I'll just order it online and simply wait it out however long it'll take from that point for it to be mailed.

So TL;DR, I can understand both sides of the coin.
I guess that's understandable. Thanks. Also, the Wii was released in 2006, not 2001.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
One year I did go to my local Apple store to pick up a phone - I think it was the 4. It was fun to be around a ton of Apple fans, but never again. This year I should be picking up at my local hub.

khaosxbez

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015

I agree but my preorder plan fell threw. this was a thread for people that are CAMPING not to bash us that are passionate about what we love.

MacHead84

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
I am a guest in the land of smiles
I never been to a launch day for a iPhone to a Apple store. It will be my first time tomorrow.
I already reserve mine for a pick up at 12noon.

My question is can I just walk in, pay and go or do I need to be camping in line?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I never been to a launch day for a iPhone to a Apple store. It will be my first time tomorrow.
I already reserve mine for a pick up at 12noon.

My question is can I just walk in, pay and go or do I need to be camping in line?
I talked to a rep at the Apple Store yesterday. just show up at your appointed time and there will be a separate line for those with reservations.

He said around 7:30 they will start organizing the lines. Those without reservations will go in one line. Those with reservations will go in another. If you are in the 8:00-8:30 window and show up between 7:30-8:00, you'll be in the first wave of the second line. 8:30-9:00 will go after that, and so forth.

Reactions: MacHead84

Dice101

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I camped out for iPhone 4 and it was actually pretty fun talking/hanging with all the people who were just as excited. I did it again for the 5 and it was aright no where near as fun as the 4 there were less actual fans. I camped for the 6+ and it was terrible the scalpers took/cut most of the line and very rude. Just no real fans at the 6 release it left a bad taste so I decided to order and wait for it's delivery this time. With that said hope all goes well for those of you taking the lines.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
No running through the mall's parking lot at 6am, or pushing and shoving past scalpers for me. Pre-order all the way.

IGWT15

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
I can assure all these dedicated campers of iPhones, that if they told you to line up 3 days before or more to have a chance of obtaining a job, most if not ALL wouldn't be camping for such a necessity, but for a materialistic, aluminum phone, you will dedicate hours and days of torture Its just incredible wow!

khaosxbez

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
I can assure all these dedicated campers of iPhones, that if they told you to line up 3 days before or more to have a chance of obtaining a job, most if not ALL wouldn't be camping for such a necessity, but for a materialistic, aluminum phone, you will dedicate hours and days of torture Its just incredible wow!

why would you assume that people dont have jobs now? are you not passionate about anything?
also who said it torture? sit in a lounge chair and watch youtube and movies? same thing i would do at home but just later then normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.