Camping out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, so I might be able to get roommate warmed up to me just going ahead and getting a phone before him (he has to make me a registered user).

But not before all this pre-order stuff (I am wondering how long it will take to get an iphone now if you try to pre-order even tomorrow - like how long til the second batch).

My main thing is I don't want to wait a month after the phone comes out to get it (I'm leaving for a trip July 21rst and I want it before that trip). So, now I'm considering camping out if it truly is selling out for 3-4 weeks at this point (to hopefully grab one of hte ones designated for people coming in the store that day. I'm sure they have some reserved for that).

Any suggestions on how early I should get to the Apple/AT&T store (I prefer AT&T honestly cause I feel getting activated and keeping my account should go more smoothly straight at the source. But the AT&T store I'd like to go to isn't as good a neighborhood so not sure how willing I'm to be there late at night. It's not a horrible neighborhood, but not great).

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

go to apple they are never in bad areas. I usually get the the day before maybe 8 PM to ensure I'll be the first few in line!

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, at this point I'm probably going to cause I just reserved a phone through the iphone app *grin*.

I kinda wanted to go through AT&T since I'm the second line (main holder is holding out until he can actually see the phone and hear reviews of it) and it's also a fan account. But I don't want to change any account options so hopefully I can still do it.