Camping/waiting experiences?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kovalchuk71, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

    Jun 9, 2008
    Just wondering if anyone that camped out the night/morning before, wanted to share their experiences? I personally had a blast camping out. I honestly though I was going to just sit in my car (left at 2:30 AM), or if there were people in line, sit there and watch a movie. Instead, everyone was so welcoming and I met some great enthusiastic iPeeps (thats what the lady behind me came up with, I though it was good). We chatted for the whole night, joked around, and just were all pumped about the iphone. Some of the people had friends come for company that weren't even getting iphones :eek:. As the morning went on I volunteered and went to get Starbucks for everyone waiting (they paid me of course). It rained while we were in line, and I didnt have an umbrella, but someone gave me a sheet and we draped it over the poles ATT left out and made a nice tent :D. All in all I had a great time. It was also great I was #6 in line (by 8AM there were about 100). Being the first group in was cool. I actually got cheered out hahahah. If I ever have the chance again (which I probably will), I will definantly be doing that again! So much better than sleeping. Well, thats my rant for today, anyone have any other similar experiences they would like to share?
  2. kovalchuk71 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jun 9, 2008
  3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

    Dec 19, 2007
    i went to my local ATT store right before 4 am. i was number 20 in line. by morning time it had grown to over 100 people and before 8 they started sending people back. overall it was a good experience. even though they did not activate in store, the employees were really helpful, they couldn't have done a better job.
  4. GuyOnTheCouch22 macrumors member

    Jun 25, 2008
    Long Island
    I had a great experience too. Got there at midnight with 3 of my friends and we were numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5. The first 9 of us in line had a great time, spent most of the night drinking and chatting about anything and everything. I brought a portable dvd player, ipod, psp and ds and didn't even touch one of them because we had a blast just talking.

    As the sun started to come up at around 4 the huge crowded started rolling in and some guy brought coffee and donuts and let us have them. Then at 6 when mcdonalds opened the person in the number one spot went and got most of us mcdonalds.

    The night really flew by but when it hit 7 it was the slowest hour ever. The 7 of us that became good buddies over the wait all got to go in together first and as we each slowly got set up we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

    I still havent slept in about 48 hours now and im loving the phone.
  5. kovalchuk71 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jun 9, 2008
    Great story. I totally agree, for me 2:30AM-7AM flew, but 7AM-8AM just dragged on. But I had a great time.

Share This Page