Campus Apple Store carry actual stock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ddoolin0, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Authorized Apple Campus Retail Stores (isn't that a doozy?) hold actual products in stock, or do they just help students and family order the products and introduce them to the products?

I went into a real retail store (South Park Mall, Charlotte, NC) and they were out of almost every MBP model except AG 15" with 2.3 GHz processor, and my campus store is closed on weekends. Kind of a let down, but no big deal. I'd just rather have the weekend to play with my first Mac ever. On Monday, if I can get the MBP at the campus store I will, but if not I won't bother even going. It's sorta out of the way for me, and the mall is 30 minutes, so I'll just call to check before I go this time. If neither have it, I guess I can order online.

2. ddoolin0 thread starter macrumors regular

Bump. Just don't want this to go unanswered. I don't have any friends who bought from a campus store.

3. dwhynman macrumors regular

My schools bookstore has an apple retail section. They don't have any computers though they all need to be ordered. They just sell cables and software there. Are the MBP's selling out in a lot of stores?

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

I paid for and walked out of my campus store with a MBP.

They probably do.

5. ddoolin0 thread starter macrumors regular

That question has also been on my mind. My store happens to be very busy as it's the only store within a couple hours, and it serves a major metropolitan region (a million or so). We need another store, honestly.

Anyway, I hope my store doesn't do that. I get the feeling the retail store won't have them for a few days. Bummer. :(

EDIT: Thanks for the comment above. I guess it's chance. I'll see I suppose. As I understand it, campus stores are slow to get the newer products so hopefully they'll have them by now if they do.

6. ender land macrumors 6502a

7. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Been to two schools with Apple authorized retailers. One had stock, the other didn't. Funny thing is, the one that had stock, hardly sold any Macs. The one that doesn't have stock sells all kinds of them.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

My campus sells it. But they currently are stocked in the 2010 version :(