Camtasia: Mac coming this August 2009

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by automator, Aug 8, 2009.

1. automator macrumors newbie

Finally! :) TechSmith just announced that the Mac version of Camtasia will be available on August 25, 2009! [LINK]

2. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

3. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That exciting that the price will be lower than the windows version :p But still $100 is a lot for just a screen recording app IMO.

5. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

Who the hell cares, Screenflow blows Camtasia out of the water.

6. magentawave macrumors regular

But not when it comes to adding cool built-in transitions.

Steve

7. crtvmac Guest

What is cool built in transition? I am in the process of deciding which screen capture application to purchase. All information is appreciated.

8. magentawave macrumors regular

I was using Camtasia Studio 6 for Windows and then I bought Screenflow when I switched over to a Mac. Today I downloaded the free trial for Camtasia for Mac and having been using it all day. I doubt I will ever go back to using Screenflow again. Camtasia for Mac is much easier to edit audio and video than Screenflow, and yes, it has a bunch of built-in transitions (like super easy to add fade-ins, fade-outs, etc., etc.) that make it better than Screenflow. Its kind of Screenflow-ish looking too.

Get Camtasia for Mac now while its the same price as Screenflow and you will be getting a better program than Screenflow. It does not have as many features as Camtasia for Windows...yet, but they say they will be adding many more in the next few months.

Steve

9. crtvmac Guest

I was looking into Captivate and Camtasia for screen recording. Neither had a version for Mac when I was researching awhile back. Didn't know about Screenflow until I researched on this forum. With your recommendation, I will look into the Mac version of Camtasia. It sounds like it has great potential.