Can 13" MBP handle

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spmiz12, Nov 18, 2010.

1. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Could a 13" MBP with 8GB of ram and a SSD drive handle working with Photoshop CS5..... Will it have enough muscle??

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes.

But that affirmation depends on what kind of files you want to handle and how big and complex they are.

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

I use CS5 on my 13 er day and works just fine without 8GB of ram and a SSD

4. Saturdays macrumors member

Saturdays

I used CS4 on my old 2006 core duo white macbook with 2GB. It worked fine for me. I'm sure the new pros are fine with their base specs.

5. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

It will work perfectly, it works fine on my 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, Optical

You certainly dont need 8GB of RAM and SSD to use CS5, however if you really are looking at grand breaking pictures GB's in size it will be abit slower but it would still pretty much function.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only thing I'd say is consider the screen size/screen real estate with the 13" MBP.

I've used a 13" laptop with photoshop and its fine for small edits, or doing something while on the road but I'd not want to use it for large projects or long term use, at least without it being hooked up to an external monitor.

7. spmiz12 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would only be using for smaller jobs while on the road, i have a iMac 27" that I will use for big jobs..... I bought a 13", haven't opened it; not sure if a 13" will give me enough power....

8. smc333 macrumors regular

Processing power wise it will be fine.