can 2 iphones use the same computer/itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelondon, Sep 12, 2008.

1. bluelondon macrumors regular

me and my dad both got the 3G, and i want to be able to install some apps, music, family pictures for him. is there any way i can connect his iphone to my itunes and just upload pics, apps, etc from my computer to his phone or will there be complications?

thanks

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Absolutely. You can even use both iPhones as wireless Remote controls for iTunes, simultaneously. That way you can fight over what music gets played.

3. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

k that's great guys, thanks.

another question, i am assuming that apps i have purchased using my own account can't be installed on my dad's phone right?

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

they can... on 5 phones i think

5. soul12 macrumors member

how can i confirm this?

6. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

i'll be shocked if apple let's us pay for apps ONCE and put them on 5 phones, but if true that would be sweet :)

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

It's true. Posters have been confirming it since the App Store went live.

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Ask Apple.

9. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

wow, i guess we need to give apple credit where it's due. this is a nice touch. it means anything one family member purchases can be shared with the family, nice.

thanks guys.

10. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Well, I can't confirm 5, but I can confirm 2... that is, whenever I buy an app in iTunes, it gets copied to both my iPhone and my iPod Touch.

11. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

1) When we got our new iPhones, I connected them all to my 17" MBP to set it up. No problems.

2) If all the phones share the same iTunes account then they all share the same purchases. Like how all the 3 phones mentioned above all have the same copy of Super Monkey Ball.

12. soul12 macrumors member

i've done this as well but i thought it was common sense since i'm synching applications using my itunes account to my devices (iphone, and ipod touch).

anyway, i searched and found this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=531417 ... i can only test when my gf comes back after 2 weeks