Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I was lying in bed last night with my wife and we were discussing if we wanted the Navigon app or the TomTom app.

Here's the question....

If I purchase the Navigon and use it for a while and then purchase the TomTom when it comes out, could I transfer Navigon to my wife's iPhone through iTunes?

I ask because I'm going on a road trip alone very soon and need a GPS. I'd rather buy the TomTom...but I doubt that will be out early next week.

We sync our phones on different computers, so if I authorize her phone on my iTunes account it would sync to her's right??

Thanks guys and gals.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
I've synced multiple paid apps with 2 iphones through the SAME itunes library- never had any prolems with that...

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I've done it with 3 different iTunes accounts that are on 3 different iPhones, so yes it will definitely work. It cuts the price of all your apps in half if you split it with a family member.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007

We sync our phones on different computers...

hmm, whenever I have tried to add something to my GF's touch from my computer, iTunes tells me that it's going to delete everything off her touch in order to sync with my computer.

so I'm curious how you can sync from 2 different computers and still have this work...???

maybe if she has 'manage music manually' checked off, then it will work???

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Did you ever think of searching for your app in itunes, finding it, and then emailing it to her, saving it in her itunes account, and then syncing? I do it all the time.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes. Log into YOUR iTunes account on the computer that she syncs with. Authorize it. Then download the apps you want her to have. You can then log out of your account and back into hers then sync.

As long as the account the app was purchased with is authorized on the computer she syncs with, it will work.

You'll also have to log in and download any updates for the apps you share with her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.