Can 2 people use 1 app??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fuzion11, Jul 26, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I was lying in bed last night with my wife and we were discussing if we wanted the Navigon app or the TomTom app.

Here's the question....

If I purchase the Navigon and use it for a while and then purchase the TomTom when it comes out, could I transfer Navigon to my wife's iPhone through iTunes?

I ask because I'm going on a road trip alone very soon and need a GPS. I'd rather buy the TomTom...but I doubt that will be out early next week.

We sync our phones on different computers, so if I authorize her phone on my iTunes account it would sync to her's right??

Thanks guys and gals.

2. aaron11193 macrumors regular

aaron11193

Karumba/Cairns/Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
    Don't know about anyone else, but I get asked to sync all my games to my friends' iPods quite frequently and even the paid ones sync fine without verification..

3. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

I've synced multiple paid apps with 2 iphones through the SAME itunes library- never had any prolems with that...

4. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I've done it with 3 different iTunes accounts that are on 3 different iPhones, so yes it will definitely work. It cuts the price of all your apps in half if you split it with a family member.

5. martinmartin macrumors 6502

hmm, whenever I have tried to add something to my GF's touch from my computer, iTunes tells me that it's going to delete everything off her touch in order to sync with my computer.

so I'm curious how you can sync from 2 different computers and still have this work...???

maybe if she has 'manage music manually' checked off, then it will work???

6. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Did you ever think of searching for your app in itunes, finding it, and then emailing it to her, saving it in her itunes account, and then syncing? I do it all the time.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That wont work unless the phone is jailbroken or if they both use the same itunes account.

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Yes.

My whole family of 5 iPhones runs on the single iTunes account.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

But the OP wants to know if 2 iPhones can run on 2 iTunes accounts each.

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Yes. Log into YOUR iTunes account on the computer that she syncs with. Authorize it. Then download the apps you want her to have. You can then log out of your account and back into hers then sync.

As long as the account the app was purchased with is authorized on the computer she syncs with, it will work.

You'll also have to log in and download any updates for the apps you share with her.

11. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11