Can 3D Touch be used for "Back to..." features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abbas, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Abbas macrumors member

With iOS 9, you have a "Back to..." option on the top left if one app takes you to another. Instead of tapping on the hard to reach top left of the screen, is there a 3D Touch gesture to get back to the previous app?

I've seen videos with a hard press on the left edge will bring up the app switching screen, but haven't seen any example of 3D Touch to simply go back to the previous app. Does it exits?

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

Yes. Pressing on the edge of the screen and bringing your finger to the other end will bring you to your previous app.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Yep. A "Back to" last app feature was even shown during the keynote.

If I use any 3D Touch feature, it will be that one the most.

4. Abbas thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't that bring up the app switcher?

5. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I must say that the back button and even app | webpage button on my note 5 is pretty awesome and extremely useful. This is one feature that apple should bite the bullet and admit they didn’t invent it and just implement it on their next iphone.

I really miss the buttons whenever I use my iPhone 6

6. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

It brings up the app switcher if you go halfway, but if you continue the swipe to the other side of the screen, then it brings you to your previous app.

7. Abbas thread starter macrumors member

Thanks- that explains it. So it will probably be "easier" to use on the 6S compared to the 6S+ considering the screen size.

8. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I have fairly large hands, so I'm hoping I have no problem with the 6s+ over my current 6. But to answer your question, yes. The 6 will be easier to use 3D touch with.