can 5.11.xx be downgraded?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacMane, Oct 11, 2009.

  1. MacMane macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Fl
    #1
    I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I am jailbreaking and unlocking a friends iphone 3g, but he tried to do it himself and updated the BB to 5.11.07. i believe that there is no unlock for 5.11.07 BB but i was wondering if there is a way i can downgrade BB. i also believe that if the phone was made before a certain time then the BB can be downgraded, if i am correct can someone please let me know how i can downgrade the BB.
     
  2. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2009
    #2
    pretty sure it cannot....

    your firmware might be able to, which will give him the ability to JB or can use the new JB software.
     
  3. MacMane thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Location:
    Orlando, Fl
  4. jw12345678 macrumors member

    jw12345678

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    Try Fuzzyband, downloaded through Cydia. If the bootloader version is 5.0.8 then I think you might be able to.
     
  5. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #5
    The first 10% of 3G phones had bootloader 5.08 and Fuzzyband can downgrade the baseband on those. The other 90% of 3G and all 3GS phones... out of luck.
     

Share This Page