Can a bargain be found in Canada for Apple Care for MBP?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
I was wondering, since Apple Care costs so bloody much when you order the machines online or at the store, is there a cheaper place to get it (in Canada), which is valid and not fraudulent?

Thanks,

WW

JamesGorman

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Go buy it from a university. Got mine for 249.99 for a 15" They didn't even ask for student id. Just go to the university store.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Go buy it from a university. Got mine for 249.99 for a 15" They didn't even ask for student id. Just go to the university store.
I will have to look into it. I hope they wouldnt ask for a student ID because there is NO way I can get away with lookin like a student.

I will have to see what they have in Ottawa.

WW

lionheart619

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
I seriously need applecare for my month old machine, and my last apple care for 2009 13 macbook pro was $150.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Question Applecare is much more expensive in Canada than in the states especially from B&H, now I have family in the states that i can get a B&H order shiped too, they do not ship AppleCare to Canada.

Is this legit or will the AppleCare not be authorized for some reason if it was bought in another country?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Question Applecare is much more expensive in Canada than in the states especially from B&H, now I have family in the states that i can get a B&H order shiped too, they do not ship AppleCare to Canada.

Is this legit or will the AppleCare not be authorized for some reason if it was bought in another country?
AppleCare is AppleCare - unless something in the fine print suggests otherwise. It seems like a frugal way of purchasing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.