Can a Color StyleWriter 2500 work with Panther?

hikeNM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I'm a school teacher who just had a Apple Color StyleWriter 2500 printer brought to my room since I'm the only person who will look at anything Apple.

Does anybody know if I can make it work with Panther? Obviously, I'll need a serial to USB adapter, but is there a driver that goes with it? If there is, can I download from somewhere on the net?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Wow, been a while since I've seen one of those... In fact, the Color StyleWriter 2500 was my first printer :eek:

It might work if you get a USB adapter for it, I'm not really sure. Your best bet would be to just get an adapter and try it.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
hikeNM said:
I'm a school teacher who just had a Apple Color StyleWriter 2500 printer brought to my room since I'm the only person who will look at anything Apple.

Does anybody know if I can make it work with Panther? Obviously, I'll need a serial to USB adapter, but is there a driver that goes with it? If there is, can I download from somewhere on the net?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
If there is, it might be one of the open source drivers:

http://www.macmaps.com/printersx.html is a page with several resources for Mac OS X printer driver sources that I've created.